Sunday, June 20, 2010

I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted p

I cut out and accidently cut his skin some on his back will this heal like our wounds? will I have to buy something special to put on him? and will he die? Very concerned we have had him about 3 years he is a special part of our family he is like one of our children and we love taking care of him



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

It could become infected, best off getting the vet to clean it and apply some meds to it so it wont get infected.



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

make sure he is nice and dry. try putting an ointment on it like neosporin. he may lick it but i think he will be fine. just keep and eye on it so that him walking around in his litter doesn't get it infected. but you little hamster should be ok. he is gettin old 3 years is old for a hamster, so just becareful



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

I found some information that I am going to share with you. Although in this situation the hamster got into a fight with another hamster, the care for the wound I assume would be the same.



**Caring For An Open Wound**



Most open wounds occur when two hamsters fight each other when their teeth are not clipped. If your hammie gets an open wound and it is not life threatening then place him in his own personal cage. Apply vitamin E oil to this open wound daily. Vitamin E fights infection and promotes healing. His wound should scab over and heal up in a couple of weeks. This is what I did for my hammies and it worked fine. It does not matter if your hammie licks the oil or not- either way is beneficial to him.



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

If you're writing this, whats happening to your hamster? did you bandage up the wound?



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

First off never cut his hair for that reason. Instead buy a small dematting brush that will easily take the mats out. You also, never put human antibiotic on an animal. You may give your pet an allergic reaction accidentally. Go to your local pet store and buy antibiotic specially made for small pets. However, it sounds like he will be just fine. It sounds like he getting older, and any kinda stress can cause him to die, so be careful.



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

why did you give him a bath in the first place? hamsters do not need to be bathed because a lot of the time it can make them sick. i dont know how its hair could have been matted if you are taking proper care of it. watch the wounds and clean them with peroxide, if they are deep and do not get any better or start getting infected please take it to the vet.



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

if the cut id deep it may cause alot of bleeding



uses hypoalergeniic cotton wool and clean the cut and cut of some fur a round it seeing a vet will also beifit you it is unlikely that he will die if the cut isnt serious



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

Please tell me you didn't water bathe him!!! Giving a water bath can cause him to get pneumonia. Only give him a sand bath. Clean the wound using a cotton ball with Peroxide on it. The cut will heal, you can put a tiny bit of Neosporin ointment on the wound to aid in healing, be cautious not to put too much since they do bathe themselves a lot. Watch it over the next few days to make sure it doesn't turn red, warm/hot to the touch or ooze pus or liquid from the wound. Things should do fine however.



It's great you've had for about 3 years since they usually live 2 1/2 -4 years only, rarely older in some hamsters. My daughter has one that turned 3 back in January and he's doing fine.



In the future brush and comb him daily to help avoid the mats, sometines the long hair gets intwined in the wheel which will cause matting to occur. We have 14 Syrian long hairs and it's a big job grooming all of them, but I have help with 3 of my children (21,17 %26amp; 10), they help me run our rescue. My 17 yr old is my primary groomer, she's learned how to clip not only the hamsters if needed, but the cats, dogs, and rabbits we have now and in the past. My other boy (20) hold a more then full time job and cares for his iguana only.



Just never give him another water bath to help him from getting sick especially in his advanced age.



I have a teddy bear hampster and I gave him a bath and brushed his hair however he had some matted pieces that

OMG. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO GIVE HAMSTERS BATHS!!!! They will get sick. they clean themselves. Instead get chinchila bath powder and put it in a bowl and they will roll in it. DO NOT GIVE HIM A BATH ANYMORE. Try to go to the vet immediatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mcaffee